Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

10.3.- HUNGER GAMES


I have just recently checked my e-mail and was surprised at the number of comments on my old grade 5 blog. I have decided to start writing on here again.
I have finished reading “Hunger Games” by Suzanne Collins a few days ago. I loved this book! Although it was a bit violent, the plot was so exciting that I stayed glued to the book and couldn´t stop reading. “Hunger Games” is set in the future where in the country of Panem lives sixteen year old Katniss Everdeen with her sister and mother. The state is divided into twelve districts which are ruled by the Capitol (The thirteenth district). The people in the twelve districts have to work hard to make products for the Capitol. Katniss lives in district twelve where they produce coal. The Hunger Games is an event held each year in the Capitol. Each district has to provide two teenage children: a boy and a girl which are then sent to the Capitol where they fight to the death with other teenagers. The boy or girl that is left is provided food and resources by the Capitol for his district for the whole year. This is done to show the other districts who is incharge and keep the Capitol at rule. This year when Katniss´s sister, Prim is picked to take part in the Hunger Games, Katniss volunteers to go instead and saves her sister. She then has to fight hard to survive and save her family which wouldn´t survive without her.
Here is a link to a violin-related tumblr which I´ve just recently created with my friend:


collider.com

No comments:

Post a Comment